Wednesday, June 23, 2010

True Church and Homemade French Fries

I'm a little late. Here is Sam's email from last week:


"Dear Family,

Thank you as always for the Email. It sounds like everyone is doing really good. I cant wait to find out the results of dads blood test, and mom i am glad you got some drugs for your stomach. I am sure that jenny and joey are way excited for school to be over. 

My week has been pretty good. Transfers came up on Wednesday, i stayed in New Legon , and got a new companion. His name is Elder Larson, he is from Utah, and is a pretty smart guy. I think i will be able to learn a lot from him. I am still a Jr. companion, but this transfer i am going to try and be more positive about being a Jr. companion and try to learn as much as i can. I will miss elder Ewudzie, we really were brothers in a lot of ways. 
                 
Elder Luster and I figured a way to make french fries, and we cant stop eating them. I think we may go into a french fry making business when we get home because they are way delicious. 

I had a pretty funny experience teaching a woman this week named G. We were teaching her about the Restoration of the Gospel. She asked us in our church do we really believe we are the only true church. We tried to be as nice as we could about it and told her we believe we have the complete truth, and basically said yeah we do. She said "oh okay" like it wasn't anything, but then all of the sudden she looks down and in a worried voice" OH No, if this is the only true church that means my church is wrong." We said "G, its not that your church is wrong." She interrupted us and said "yes it does and if my church is wrong i cant go, and i need to join the true church, and if i don't i will be doomed" and "oh and now i know, so i will be doomed" and "oh it would be better if we never knew."  She was laughing by the time she finished her statement and she just looks at us and says "its true isn't it" We calmed her down and continued to teach her the best we could. G has a really great family and i hope so much we are able to baptize them. her spirit to know the truth encourages me so much.

I know this email is very short an i am sorry for that, i promise next week it will be so much longer. I am praying for the whole family everyday. I love you all so much. Have a graet week.
                                                                         
Love Elder Beck"

No comments: