Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Shop Right

Here is part of Sam's email this week:

"My week has been pretty good, well except i did not get to go to "Shop Right." "Shop right" is basically an American store in Ghana. They just built one not to far from Kasoa, so all week Elder Farnbach and i were planning to go there on Monday. I woke up this morning way excited to go. I have heard about "Shop Right" so much from the other missionaries. They say its a lot like a Fred Myer, but with just all off brands.They say when you walk in its like a little bit of america. So this morning we got up early to go. We went to catch a Tro Tro, but all the Kasoa tro tro drivers were refusing to drive any one. They were refusing because the goverment raised the toll both prices coming out of Kasoa. So in a way all the tro tro drivers in Kasoa are on a strike right now. The worst thing about this strike is that i cant go to "Shop Right." To Be honest though i am starting to think "shop right" is just a legend, but i do have a feeling down deep that it is somewhere out there. One day i may reach that blessed store.

I did have a really cool experience this week though. We were in the camp proslyting and we were invited to come and visit a boy named H. H is a 19 year old boy and his father has been a member for about a year now. We went into there home to teach. Which to be completley honest was a shack, the roof was falling apart, and it was very dark so we had to use a candle to light the room. I was siting there teaching and it started to rain very badly, the roof was leaking all over the place. At this point i was starting to feel sorry for myself. I was thinking " why in the world was i sent here?" Then all of the sudden i just got this amanzing feeling that this was right were i needed to be. I all the sudden was so happy. It was an awesome feeling. I dont think i have ever felt the spirit that strong. I feel very blessed to be called to serve here in ghana. I have learned so much and i know i will contine to learn even more.

I am going to find out probably tonight or tomorrow morning if im going to be transfered. President calls the day before the transfer and lets you know where your going. I wish he would tell us a little sooner, so i would know if i needed to say goodbye to my people. I am thinking and hoping i will stay, but im not sure what heavenly father has in store for me. I hope you all will have a great up and coming week. I love you all so much. Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help.

Love Elder Sam Beck

P.S. Please tell everyone thankyou for writing me letters. Its very hard to be able to write back because the computers here are very slow and i dont have alot of time on them. Thank you."

No comments: