Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Aug 23

Sam's email from Aug 23:

"Dear family,
Thank you so much for the emails you sent me. They were great. I am super glad that jenny past her written the first time. She had a lot better luck than i did, but of course she did have a "little" more time to study than i did. i am glad that the whole family is getting together. I do have a question though, did you guys have a chance to go to may field lake this year?

For me my week has been pretty good. Elder Madamombe and i got to have a baptism. We Baptized 2 way sweet people there names were first S, P and R.

I guess i will start with S. S has a pretty funky first name, but is a way sweet guy. He is 22 years old and is way smart. He actauly started coming to the church a long time ago. He brought his family and the whole family was baptized except for him. I dont really understand why he wasnt baptized. I guess you can say he needed a little push. He had some real deep questions to ask, but after we answered those he really started to wonder if the church is really true. Now S has a way starong testimony and bears it to his friends often. He has been helping us get a ton of new people to teach because of his freinds. I dont know if S will go on a mission because he is so young in the church, but if he does i know he will be a great missionary because of his strong desire to share the gospel. S is one of my favorite people i have met on my mission, he is like a brother to me.

R is a way sweet girl. She is only 12 years old, but she probably knows about as much as a new missionary. She is way way smart. She has been coming to church for a long time, but because there hasnt been any missionarys here she has not been baptized. She told elder Madamombe and I that she really wanted to be baptized. So we taught her, but she mostly allready knew everything. When she was finaly baptized she was so happy. It made me sad to know that she could have been baptized a long time ago, but happy that i got to be a part of it.

The baptism it self was awesome, but getting it done was the hard part. We had to change the time of the baptism like 5 times this week, because the ward was having activitys that they never bothered to tell elder madamombe and I about. It was a pretty stressfull week as far as the baptism went. I am glad that we did it though.

I wanted to tell you about a women we are teaching named M. She is a big Liberian women that is very nice. We have been teaching her for about 2 weeks now. We taught her about prayer, but she really felt like god wasnt answering her prayer. So we taught her how god answers prays and what feeling come from god. Something she said that made me so happy was " when you guys come to my home i just feel better , i just feel good." Then she told us that she feels like that was god answering her prayer. She came to church on sunday and i think she really enjoyed herself. Sister M is way awesome, when you see her you can just feel that she needs to be a member. I hope that elder Madamombe can continue to teach her well enough so that she will be baptized.

That is about it for my week. I am looking forward to getting an email from you next week. I love you a ton and i want you to have a awesome week.

Love Elder Beck"

No comments: